Peanut and Choc Chip Cookie Cake
If you’re a lover of peanut butter, this one’s for you. Cooked to perfection in the slow cooker, this set-and-forget dessert is ready to bake in just 10 minutes.
What you will need:
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (95g) dark choc chips
- 1/2 cup (95g) milk choc chips
- 1/2 cup (95g) white choc chips
- 1/4 cup (35g) salted roasted peanuts
- Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Chocolate topping, to serve
Add these ingredients to your next Coles Click & Collect order!
Line a slow cooker with 3 layers of baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, peanut butter and combined sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat to combine.
Note: you can cook in oven as well, simply line a cake tin as you would the slow cooker.
Add the flour and baking powder to the butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in half the combined choc chips.
Press the mixture evenly over the base of the prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle over the remaining combined choc chips with the peanuts.
Cover and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours on low or until the edge of the cake is cooked through. Uncover and cook for a further 30 mins on low or until the cake is set. Turn the slow cooker off. Leave the cake in the slow cooker to cool slightly.
Note: Adjust cooking times for oven.
Use the paper to transfer the cookie cake to a serving board. Cut into slices. Serve warm with the ice cream and chocolate topping.
Enjoy with the family (or by yourself)!